Re: Oooopeenn Ooofffiice

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 13:42, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

> Prelinking is done with "/usr/sbin/prelink". Prelinking optimizes
> binaries and shared libraries so that programs usually will start up
> faster.
>
> For more information, "man prelink" :-)

Weren't there quite a few posts to this list from people who had
experienced all kinds of problems after doing this? I actually hadn't
heard of prelinking before I joined this list, but the number of posts
from people having problems lead me to think it might be better to not
try it for a while. Is this a "new" feature, that perhaps needs to
mature a bit? Are the problems with prelink a bit like the problems with
CD burning (i.e. the majority of us have no problem whatsoever, but a
minority have very serious problems)?

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com