Re: Sharing up2date downloads.

The easiest way, as mentioned, is to point each up2date at some
directory where the first one downloaded all its info.  This won't
always work, as different machines + different arch + different rpms
installed = different deps!  But mostly it should.  Also, all machines
need internet access _and_ a rhn account.

The second, and slightly harder way, is to use a tool like nrh-up2date.
I've set up a 'nrh' up2date server that now serves 7.3, 8.0 and 9
updates to any local machine.  I don't need any rhn accounts, and only
the server needs internet access.  And its damn fast to do it locally
compared to internet speeds.

Check out http://sourceforge.net/projects/nrh-up2date/
There is a mailing list here: