Re: Problems with sym53c8xx during install?

Once upon a time, Matthew James <matthew.james@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> I have a tekram 390u2w and the shrike (clean) install went smoothly.
> Redhat 9 automatically loaded the sym53c8xx driver. Previously I was
> using rh8 and it worked fine as well.

I've got a single 390U2W in a computer at home, and that one works fine
in my test installs (haven't upgraded my primary running system yet).

> day, however, when adding a second hd I noticed I hadn't terminated the
> scsi chain!

The system I'm having trouble with is using good quality cables and
terminators, so I don't think that is it.

I've got an idea for something else to try (tomorrow at work).  I
realized that my old systems are using eepro100, while RHL9 tries to use
e100.  One of the SCSI channels shares an IRQ with one of the NICs, so
I'll try to use eepro100 instead and see what that does.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>