Re: what's accessing my hard drive every few seconds?

Hi;

I was the one that posted the first question about the regular accesses
to my hd. I tried both of the recommendations, killing magicdev, and
adding the "noatime" option on / in /etc/fstab. The "noatime" reduced
the size of the access from 25K to 16K, but it did not eliminate it.
Killing magicdev did not have any effect that I noticed.

So I did a complete format and install of rh9 to see if I had broken
something, but no, a fresh install has the same issue.

Gordon Messner points out that this is a Nautilus issue, and as it
happens, when I was using rh8 I used KDE, and now I use GNOME. So maybe
GNOME/Nautilus has been doing this all along?

-P

--
* <redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>