Re: [SPAM] Intermittent issues logging out/rebooting/shutting down

i have the same exact issue everytime i try and logout of my laptop which is a Dell Inspiron 4150 with a radeon 7500 mobility i have to use gdm as my login manager to be able to log out. i tried KDM (my prefered) and XDM but was only ever able to logout with GDM. i think this is an upstream bug as i installed Mandrake 9.1 on this lapto while waiting for 9 to come out and had the exact same issue.

I had this same problem with a Radeon 7500 in the Phoebe beta cycles (using GDM) and also in Mandrake 9.1. However, I don't have the problem in RHL9 using GDM. I haven't tried KDM or XDM. When I had the problem, I bypassed it by editing /etc/X11/XF86Config and commenting out the

Load "dri"

line. You might do that as a test.

Gerry Tool