Re: [SPAM] Intermittent issues logging out/rebooting/shutting down

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 09:56 pm, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results
> ---------------------- SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original
> message has been altered SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar
> unwanted mail in future. SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more
> details.
> SPAM:
> SPAM: Content analysis details:   (9 hits, 5 required)
> SPAM: X_ANTIABUSE        (2.4 points)  Found a X-AntiAbuse header
> SPAM: DOUBLE_CAPSWORD    (1.1 points)  BODY: A word in all caps repeated on
> the line SPAM: RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM (2.0 points)  RBL: Received via a
> relay in relays.osirusoft.com SPAM:                    [RBL check: found
> 113.206.129.12.relays.osirusoft.com., type: 127.0.0.4] SPAM: RCVD_IN_RFCI
>     (0.5 points)  RBL: Received via a relay in ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org
> SPAM:                    [RBL check: found
> 113.206.129.12.ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org., type: 127.0.0.6] SPAM:
> X_OSIRU_SPAM_SRC   (3.0 points)  RBL: DNSBL: sender is Confirmed Spam
> Source SPAM:
> SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results
> ---------------------

Please relay your mail through your isp.

> Hello, Everyone :)
> If anyone else has had this issue, and has fixed it, I'd love to know
> how.  If you haven't fixed it, but can give me some clue about what I
> can send you tha will help you track this down, I'd love to be of
> service to you.
>
> Here's the problem: sometimes (not all the time), when I either log out,
> reboot or shutdown (from the GUI, not from a terminal window), I'll hit
> the ok or yes button to signify that I do want to log out, reboot or
> shutdown.  But instead of doing what I ask, the monitor goes blank (with
> absolutely no warning or error messages) and the green light by the
> power switch changes color to the color that it becomes when it has no
> signal going into it.  At this point, all I can do it hit the reset
> button and reboot.  But when I do, it always says that I shut down
> uncleanly.  (I am running ext3, and I am glad that I do, because I can
> just imagine all the wasted time I would have had with this problem if I
> had been running a non-journalling filesystem :))

i have the same exact issue everytime i try and logout of my laptop  which is
a Dell Inspiron 4150 with a radeon 7500 mobility  i have to use gdm as my
login manager to be able to log out.  i tried KDM (my prefered) and XDM  but
was only ever able to logout with GDM.  i think this is an upstream bug as i
installed Mandrake 9.1  on this lapto while waiting for 9 to come out and had
the exact same issue.

Dennis