to re-install the nice red-glass mouse pointers that were in Phoebe
beta2 (RH 8.0.93), and came across this post:

------------------------------------ BEGIN QUOTE:-----------------------------
Darrell Esau  phoebe-list at redhat.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:11:18 -0800

I've seen a few posts about the new pretty cursors disappearing
in phoebe beta 2.

They aren't working because the cursors were totally removed.

There were two themes, redglass and whiteglass, which were here:

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icons/redglass
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icons/whiteglass

I extracted them from phoebe beta1's XFree86 rpm, put them into that
directory, then made sure that my
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icons/default/index.theme file looked like this:

[Icon Theme]
Inherits=whiteglass

Then restarted X and they're back.

I assume that they were removed for a reason, so UseAtYourOwnRisk (tm)

-d

However, in Shrike, I find there is no loger a /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icons/
directory. Where would I be able to find the redglass pointer set, or
failing that, where might I find some alternative mouse pointers to
"dress up" my desktop?

TIA,
Elton