Replacement program for old SysV 'bs' tool? HELP.

With the demise of the linux-abi subtree in the 2.4.20 kernel, I have some
legacy apps which I can no longer run using linux-abi.

While I can port most of them myself or find reasonable substitutes, there is
one which for me is a near-showstopper.

I have one legacy package that I _have_ to maintain at the office (no choice),
and it _requires_ the old SysV 'bs' (interpreter/etc. -- not quite basic but
rather a cross between basic, bc, and some other utilities).  I would NOT like
to take on the porting of about 4 million lines of code in > 50 such bs scripts.
 (the alternative is to move the apps to an HP-UX box which still provides bs,
but doing so would not make me and my boss happy campers)  I can stay on 8.0 for
a while longer, but the push has been to get a machine in here with posix
threads (to replace something else I can't talk about) so 8.0 will have to give
way to 9 in a few months, and I'll have to face this problem then if not now.

So has anyone found a drop-in replacement for the 'bs' command?  A pointer or a
URL for a source or binary rpm would be great, or of course a source tar would
also work.

Thanks,

--
William W. Austin                          waustin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx