Re: white-screen after /sbin/loader during installation on laptop

Mr. Adam ALLEN schrieb:

I've run into a problem while installing shrike on my sisters laptop
(who is itching to use redhat). The problem occurs, during install (with
cdrom/ftp bootdisk), shortly after the installer runs /sbin/loader.

The screen justs goes blank (fades to bright white, with animated random
pixels).

I've used many options; linux text, linux lores, linux noprobe, etc;
however these did not get installation going.

The laptop is a Packard Bell Easy One Silver 2800- with a SiS vga chip,
(SiS 300/305/630/540/730)

I've run out of ideas, (after exhausting google, and linux-laptop.net).

Any suggestions?

i had the same problem today,

Subject: notebook-install-sis630-external_monitor_need

solved with an external monitor until anaconda has recognized the sis630

after reboot you can startx and modify the entrys with
#redhat-config-xfree86

--
shrek-m