From: Ed Wilts <ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RBL blocking of rogers.com valid user e-mail addresses?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:21:46 -0500

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 02:06:42AM +0000, Dan Genn wrote:
> Yes I know, that is the problem! I am unfortunately in the range of denied
> addresses. DHCP has nothing to do with it. I and others on our network are
> paying for someone else's trouble. :-)

Which is exactly why I'm telling you to use your ISP's mail server to
send the mail.  Do not send directly from your own server because it
will be bounced from many mail servers.

Are you using a smart host, or are you not?  If you're using your ISP as
a smart host, then the address is static, not dynamic.

It's got nothing to do with how often your address changes - it's got
everything to do with the forwarding MTA being in a dynamic range.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx