Re: RBL blocking of rogers.com valid user e-mail addresses?

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 08:07:40PM -0500, Linux-Lists.Red-Hat.Shrike wrote:
> Knock, knock, anyone home?
>
> I think it is specifically stated in the email that he IS using his ISP.
> He SPECIFICALLY states:
>
> >any mail I send from my cable/Internet provider Rogers
> >*@rogers.com) is denied by any *@redhat.com
>
> And you state:
> > Your workaround is to use your ISP's mail server.
>
> You go on to state:
>
> > You have a supported mechanism for directing your outbound mail
> through
> > your ISP's mail servers.  Use that, and you won't have these sorts of
> > issues.  Note also that Red Hat is not the only company doing this -
> > they're not the first and certainly won't be the last.
>
> I don't want to go off on a rant here, but actually reading the email
> sent to the list may help keep the signal to noise ratio down.

I *did* read the e-mail, and nowhere did he say that he used his ISP's
mail server.  He says that anything sent from, @rogers.com is being
denied.  Before we start blasting each other, let's see a copy of the
bounce message and then we'll have a definitive answer as to why he was
blocked.

> At least read the email first before you chastise the guy.

At no point did I chastise him.  I gave him a workaround based on what
I've already seen as reported problems and reported fixes.

> I'll be surprised if my email goes through as well.  I know that
> Mandrake has me blocked from sending mail to their lists.  Obviously,
> they couldn't take the heat.

Let's see one of your bounces.  I'd be surprised if they couldn't take
"heat".  Crap, yes.  Abuse, yes.  But heat, no.

BTW, let me chastise - trim the friggin' mail!  I don't need to see the
list trailers in the message you're quoting.
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx