Redhat 9 can't print to Win2000 shared printer via Cups/Samba?

I am trying to setup an smb networked printer on my Redhat 9 machine. The printer is shared via a W2K machine (other Win clients have no probs printing through the share). I have tried to setup the print que through the printconf gui in X. The applet finds the host on the network via discovery but flakes on the share HP5 for example. Even if I explicitly set the share and host (via IP or netbios name) with the guest account I cannot print a test page. I can map directory shares no problem from the Redhat 9 box however. Has anyone experienced this prob with Cups/Samba and Redhat 9 printing to a W2K shared printer?

Thanks,

Dan