Re: Sharing up2date downloads.

Curtis Doty said:
> 6:54am Richard said:
>
>>The instalation here was a bit changed now i have a gateway/firewall
>>dedicated amchine with some servers on it. It occured to me that if
>>i had both machines use the same downloaded files in /var/spool/up2date
>>i would save download time and save some bandwidth on the RH server.
>
> Take a look at the -k/--packagedir option. It will create only symlinks in
> /var/spool/up2date and allow all your servers to share a centralized pile
> of rpms.
>
>  # up2date -k/inst/linux/redhat/updates/9/en/os/* -i ethereal
>
> You must first populate the packagedir. Which can be done easily by
> syncing the updates/9 directory on your favorite Red Hat mirror site.

Is it possible to just use the same directory structure as the mirror?
Will it pick up the correct arch RPMs (for the kernel, glibc, etc.)?

I have a friend with dial-up that I would like me to use my DSL to
download the updates and put them on CD.  Could just use the directory
stucture from a mirror would it be possible to do:

# up2date -k/mnt/cdrom/redhat/updates/9/en/os/* -u

--
William Hooper