Re: Memory Leaks ?

This is actually a good pint to think about.
My friend finally gave up on slick new Mandrake and got back to his
beloved Slackware because of this huge memory hog thing.
I was running RH 8.0 at a time when, in discussion, I said that it
really went good for me to add 256 MB RAM more (now 512 MB). He did not
understood since he stated he's running Slackware (8.1 and now 9.0) on
256 MB just fine, with plenty of resources free at any given moment.
Also, While in Mandrake, when he plays AVI the system eats more than 70%
of CPU, and in Slackware he stated never got up to 10%.
I am now on RH 9, and after boot my memory is almost half full (cca 230
MB), and I haven't even started to do some serious work.