Re: Dual Boot?

Sorry after rereading your message it sounds like you already had Win2k loaded. I think when you loaded there may have been a selection in grub to set up the default OS to boot and insert both OS's info for grub. Again, look at the redhat docs. I'm sure there is a way to do this even if it wasn't done during the install. You may need to go into grub and use on of the commands.

After every thing is setup when the computer starts to boot will be a screen from grub showing the available OSs and a default OS if you don't make a selection. In this case one should be linux and the other Win2k.

JohnTerri Moran <clanmoran80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jerry,
    I would have partitioned the drive and loaded Win2k first. Then loaded Redhat and told it to use the unused partion (or the 2nd patition). That is the way I did it with WinME and RH8.0 and it worked like a champ. I don't remember needing to do anything special.
    The reason I would do it this way is Windows will take over the boot record and I am not sure how to stop that. So I load windows first let it get happy and then have grub insert itself. There is a fair amount of documentation on the redhat site about dual booting. Check the redhat docs for dual boot before starting your reload but, I think that will be your best option.

v/r
John M

Jerry Roy <jroy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I have Win2k on a notebook and partitioned the drive and Installed RedHat 9.0 on the 2nd partition. How do I now make it dual boot? I am using the default boot loader - Grub.

TIA,

Jerry Roy