Re: Dual Boot?

Jerry,
    I would have partitioned the drive and loaded Win2k first. Then loaded Redhat and told it to use the unused partion (or the 2nd patition). That is the way I did it with WinME and RH8.0 and it worked like a champ. I don't remember needing to do anything special.
    The reason I would do it this way is Windows will take over the boot record and I am not sure how to stop that. So I load windows first let it get happy and then have grub insert itself. There is a fair amount of documentation on the redhat site about dual booting. Check the redhat docs for dual boot before starting your reload but, I think that will be your best option.

v/r
John M

Jerry Roy <jroy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I have Win2k on a notebook and partitioned the drive and Installed RedHat 9.0 on the 2nd partition. How do I now make it dual boot? I am using the default boot loader - Grub.

TIA,

Jerry Roy