Re: SSH defaults

Michael

It is common practise on this list to enable line wrapping, usually at
either 72 or 80 characters.  Please try to do this in your mail client.

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 14:37, Michael Creed Jr. wrote:
> I use PuTTY on Windows to connect to my linux box and I never copied
> the public key over from the linux, so does that mean I'm not using
> RSA encryption? Does it also mean I'm using insecure rsh to perform
> my remote logins?

No, this means you are establishing an encrypted SSH session to your
Linux box, then using password authentication.

As the password is sent over a secure connection, rather than an
insecure connection (as with rlogin or telnet), nobody should be able to
sniff your plaintext password over the connection between your machines,
so it is regarded as secure.

--
Michael Wardle <michael.wardle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Adacel Technologies