Re: RH9 -- The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 14:03, David Krider wrote:
> Just for instance... Just off the top of my head... Has anyone who's
> claiming there's a wealth of quick, friendly Linux help out there ever
> tried asking a question on #linux on EFNet? HA! I rest *my* case. I'll
> have scars for the rest of my life on that score.
>
> I gave up trying to use IRC for Linux help 5 years ago, and I had
> already been administrating Unix for 4! (So it wasn't that I was totally
> clueless, either about what I was doing, *or* about how to ask for help.)
>
> All of that being said, this list is the most helpful place -- in
> general -- I've ever seen for Linux help, in any form, bar none. So
> thank you all for that. My point is just that, when it's good, it's
> "ok," but when it's bad, it's teeth-achingly nightmarish. (And it's
> hardly ever stellar, to boot.)

I find plenty in #redhat on freenode (previously OPN).  I'm a chan mod for
that channel, after being a regular for probably 2 years now.  It's one of
the friendliest, most helpfull channels I've come across, for many things,
not just Red Hat.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net