Re: k3b

At 07:56 AM 4/22/2003 -0700, you wrote:
On Tuesday 22 April 2003 07:43, Shawn uttered:
> Odd, magicdev works perfectly on my system, CD burning and all...

It may work, but I have no desire for the functionality of magicdev.  It gets
in my way all the time.  If I want the CD I just inserted to be mounted, I'll
mount it myself thank you very much.

My wife, on the other hand, goes absolutely bonkers if she can't access a CD-ROM or floppy which she inserted and (obviously) should be able to see. If Linux is so much better than Windows, says she, why the hell can Windows use CD-ROM's and floppies so transparently and easily while Linux cannot?

From the average desktop user's perspective (and there are hundreds of millions of these people), certainly a valid question. So, since I want Linux to become more and more popular and pervasive, I would rather see automount, and magicdev, and whatever else, fixed and improved rather than removed. Better for the big picture, I say (and yes, this still allows people who don't like it to erase it!).

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx