Re: PRESERVE THREADS!

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 04:28, Brian Hanks uttered:
> I completely agree that threads should be preserved, but I do have an
> issue. For some reason my replies from Evolution never stay within the
> original thread. No idea why, it just started happening a while back.
>  Regardless of how I reply it ends up as the beginning of a new thread.
>
> Suggestions for those of us who are trying to comply but failing?

The problem is that there is no (that I know of) RFC or standard out there for
headers to mark it as part of a thread.  It seems that every major email
reader has it's own way of handling it, and a lot of times, will fail on
another reader.

For evolution, have you set aside a specific folder for shrike messages, and
have you set the folder attributes to say that it contains a mailing list?
Is this even possible w/ Evolution?  When you hit reply, does it send the
reply to the original sender, and CC the list?  THat could mess it up.  Try
to get your client to reply directly to the list address, not CC'ing anybody.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: