Re: athlon or i686 for duron?

At 10:57 PM 4/21/2003 -0700, you wrote:
Wouldn't that screw with some things since arch specific RPMs for athlon
 will not install on a duron, seeing as how it does not register as an
athlon. As far as the kernel is concerned, it may/may not matter but as
a general rule of thumb you shouldn't... or perhaps i am way off.
*shrug*

Well, you _might_ be way off. Then again, so might I. <grin>

I was under the impression that the difference between Athlon and Duron, much like P3 and Celeron, is different amounts of cache, different clock speeds, and not much else. Hence my comment before, and as you said... perhaps I am way off.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx