Re: vncserver starting from w/i X or vncserver running gdm

seth vidal said:
> Interesting question for the list:
>
> I've got two laptops. One I use to do work, the other one is older and
> sits as a fileserver/music server/misc test machine.
>
> I'd like to be able to login to the older one on the desktop, start up
> something like vnc and allow controlling connections from gnome.
>
> So I'd like for vncserver under linux to act like it does under Windows
> or OSX.

This is answered in the VNC FAQ:

Can I remote the normal X:0 display of my Unix workstation?
http://www.realvnc.com/faq.html#x0

Q22 Can I remote the normal X display of my workstation (display :0) in
the same way as the Windows server does?
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/faq.html#q22
--
William Hooper