DHCP/Wireless problem after upgrading from 8.0 to 9

Not sure what the problem could be, but so far I can't get the network to use dhcp, I didn't change any settings, worked fine in 8.0, etc..

What it looks like it is doing is trying to load the module for my wired pcmcia adaptor which is not plugged in unless I need it, and then giving up.

Apr 14 01:00:49 dargon ifup: 3c59x device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.
Apr 14 01:00:49 dargon network: Bringing up interface eth0: failed
Apr 14 01:00:49 dargon ifup: 3c59x device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.
Apr 14 01:00:49 dargon network: Bringing up interface wlan0: failed

Looks like it tries to probe 3c59x for eth0, gives up, then again for wlan0, gives up.. I tried in neat to change the type to something else, there is even a Wireless in the list but it says it's not available.. :-/

The device itself is fine, all I have to do is dhcpcd wlan0 and it is good, but it'd be nice to fix the problem instead of working around it, especially when I'm having to do this manually. Plus nfs mounts fail on boot, etc.

Otherwise, I found a smooth upgrade from 8.0 to 9 on my IBM 600e laptop. Sony srx87 is next, probably next weekend when I have time again. Hopefully I can get it to read the cd on the Sony this time, last time I had to use nfs because I couldn't recognise the firewire drive after the initial cd boot from the bios.

--
Walter Francis
http://theblackmoor.net                  Powered by Red Hat Linux 7.3