Re: Unable to do Makes after updgrade from 8.0 to 9.0

> The newest nvidia drivers have a completely
> different build system - are you really using
> the 1.0-4349 drivers?

Yes, and I was able to use them on Mandrake 9.1 and
Redhat 9.0 that was a fresh install with complete success.

My problems is the fact that upgrading from 8.0 to 9.0 broke
something in links, makes, or something.

I can not run Make on anything at all  without an error.  Either, I using
the wrong version of make or some of the links are broken.

I did notice for example that the linux symbolic link found in the /usr/src
lib pointed to the 8.0 kernel source and not the 9.0 kernel source.  I
also noted that the links in the lib directories pointed to 8.0 module
directories rather the 9.0 module directories.

Maybe my real question should be what do I do after an upgrade to
have all the links, etc pointing to the 9.0 stuff rather than the previous
release?  I can see some of the new "pointers" are OK and some of the
others and residuals still point to 8.0 stuff.

In any case, did I miss something else I was suppose to do after an
upgrade so I can compile, etc.. and point the system to the right code?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve