Re: Hey, it didn't get this either -- More bugs in 9 than 8.1-3? Samba DoS, Mozilla, Prelink problems

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Dodd" <ted@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 18:31
Subject: Re: Hey, it didn't get this either -- More bugs in 9 than 8.1-3?
Samba DoS, Mozilla, Prelink problems

> Benjamin Vander Jagt wrote:
> >>As for Samba, I'm about ready to flip!  I just set it up in Psyche
> >>(still with the exact same smb.conf file I had that worked fine before),
> >>and now it's not allowing writes to vfat shares, either.  I just checked
> >>my permissions on the /sharedc folder, and they were read/write/execute
> >>for root and read/execute for everyone else.  In fstab, I switched
> >>"defaults" for "umask=000" (which somehow sets the mask to 777, where
> >>umask=777 sets the mask to 000), and I also updated Samba with up2date.
> >>No dice.

Try adding the ,quiet option to the mount flags in your fstab (so it reads
something like "defaults,quiet"). I had such a problem a lot when using mc,
It sets the user flags while copying files which ofcource fails on vfat..
Adding that quiet option caused the errors to no longer be reported to mc,
so everything worked fine and dandy again. Might also work as a 'fix' for
your samba problem too.

    -- Chris