Re: FWD: Cannot use twm or metacity

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 16:13:48 at 04:13:48PM -0400, Havoc Pennington (hp@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> You started metacity, metacity is running. If you don't open any
> windows, that's all metacity does - it changes the cursor.
>
> metacity doesn't overlap the desktop at all, there's no root window
> menu, no panel, nothing.
Right. Don't ask me why, but I was sure it had a root window menu. If
I put an "exec xterm&" in .xinitrc before calling it, that window
appears and can obviously start everything else from it. So, isn't
there any way to have metacity *and* root menu (without full blown KDE
or Gnome, that is)?

> With twm there probably is a root window menu if you click the right
> button.
No, I don't think so. I clicked everything clickable before posting
the original message.

	Ciao, and thanks,
			Marco Fioretti
--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Reality is for those who lack imagination