Re: cdburning

Elton Woo wrote:

On April 16, 2003 02:29 am, Ted Wager wrote:

Hi...
When I burn an audio cd in linux the cd is only readable on the computer
...Another problem is that the cd will not skip from track to track.

Have you *disabled* magicdev before burning the cd? Was this from
a command-line or using X-CD-Roast, Gnome Toaster, or other application?
Best thing, have a look through the archives of the shrike-list and the
phoebe-list ...

cheers,

Elton ;-)

Hi Elton
Ta for the mail...I am ccing this to you as my mail often does not get to the Shrike list..

I did a ps -aux and killed magicdev..I have tried burning from the command line,also
xcdroast and gtoaster...I look at the tocfile on the cd and all the tracks are there too...
I have just burned a cd which shows all tracks on it but it will not play even from
cdp which is not too fussy...
I burn perfect cd's in XP so looks like I will have to keep the XP partition....

--

Regards
 Ted Wager