Re: Please Copy RedHat 9 Posts to shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 18:40, Jeff Kinz wrote:

> >  let me clarify that Usenet is unrelated to mailing lists.
>
> Let me clarify it further: Usenet and mailing lists are not the same thing but
> they serve the same function - one to many communication and one to
> many responses.  The goals are very similar: Sharing information and
> knowledge, getting answers to questions quickly.

	The problem is that newsgroups were not meant to be used quite that
way.  They were supposed to be used to post "news" that others could
read.  The whole interactive communication (i.e. replying and
conversation) is a hack add-on.  This is why they do so well with porn
and music, uh, "distribution".

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.