Re: CD burning (AUDIO) and "chipmunks", oh my!!!

On April 10, 2003 08:55 pm, Darren R. Weber wrote:
> Elton,
>
> Here is the link to get the real mpg123 from:
> http://www.mpg123.de/
>
> As far as I know they do not have binaries on their site.  There may be
> some out on rpmfind.net or something like that but I built mine from
> source.  From what I remember it was very easy.  Just the standard:

...(edited)...
I got some gz files and a couple of rpms from that site. Though the gz
complied without any problems, I was in a lazy mood, so I simply
rpm-e mpg321 (the package from freshrpms) and
rpm-Ivh mpg123-0.59q.3dnow-1.i386.rpm

> I had it install in /usr/local (./configure --prefix=/usr/local) which
> put the actual executable in /usr/local/bin.  Then the last thing I did
 Installing the rpm placed it in the locations as above without any
intervention on my part ..

> was change the link in /usr/bin.  In that dir there was a symbolic link
> called mpg123 pointing to mpg321 in that same dir.  I removed that link:
> rm mpg123
> and then made a new link pointing to my new version:
> ln -s /usr/local/bin/mpg123 mpg123

... did as advised above, and now *no more chipmunks*!!!

Thank you, sir!    {*joy*! *joy*! *joy*!}

Elton ;-)