Re: bug in latest glibc RPM updates? [was Re: Survival CD]

Atul Chitnis wrote:
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, MW Mike Weiner (5028) wrote:

This would be extremely helpful, especially in light of the significant
bug in the latest glibc RPM updates that tend to HOSE machines pretty
well.

Uh - any URL's or other references for this? I am about to deploy a couple of RHL9 servers, and that statement of yours makes my hair standup!

I've also been looking for fallout from glibc update here before I attempt it. It scares me to see critical kernel AND glibc updates come out so soon after 9 was released. I am running the latest kernel now, but I am holding off on glibc until I see what is happening to other people.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
Droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe