Re: grub problem

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 neh@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> All:
>
> I updated my system last night (relevant?) with all current shrike updates.  I
> just tried to reboot, and my system locked on startup, with the message
>
> GRUB
>
> Any ideas?  Thanks.

Was it working before?  Did you do anything with partition tables?

The symptom is of grub not being able to locate the boot partition or the
grub directory in it that contains the later stages of the boot loader,
the config file, etc.  You'll need to reinstall grub.  Check "info grub"
for instructions.  They can be a bit complicated, depending on where you
are installing (MBR or partition) and where /boot is.

You have a boot floppy, yes?

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences