Re: How to change to new menu format on upgrade?

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 23:56, Mike Vanecek wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 12:26, Michael Knepher wrote:
> > >
> > > For some more info on how the menus are built and how to change them
> > > under 8.0/9, see http://www.bluethingy.com/linux/rh8menu.html
> > >

> > > --
> > > Michael Knepher <limbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> I was hoping we would see a fix in RH 9. Are there any plans to provide a
> permanent fix?

I suspect Havoc is working on it. Judging from some of his posts on the
beta list, it's a rather frustrating problem for him.

> What do you think about this workaround that was posted earlier?

I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet. Something similar was
in the Phoebe betas, but the last word on the mailing list was that it
broke too many other things. I may play with it later today, along with
the start-here fix that was also posted. If it WORKSFORME, I'll update
the page with a "try at your own risk" section.

--
Michael Knepher <limbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>