Re: Mirror, mirror

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 13:52, Ed Wilts wrote:

> > Mirror" at redhat.newaol.com is quite good and one of the fastest out
> > there.
>
> I wouldn't classify them as "quite good".  They're good with what they
> have with lots of bandwidth, but they're not good at keeping up to date.
> Do *not* rely on them for security updates - they have a tendency to
> skip updates and will not work with Red Hat to ensure that they're
> current.  If you assume you're current because you have installed the
> patches they've got listed, you could find yourself in for a nasty
> surprise.

	Well, this should be "fixed" by now.  The AOL mirror was only for
internal use before so that's one reason it wasn't what you'd call a
stable mirror.  As for using any mirror to be the source of update
patches, that's ridicules.  Go by the announcements from RH, not what
any mirror might have.

--
Farewell neighbor.  Thank you for giving us a safe place for so many
years.