Mirror, mirror

I've been trying to Do The Right Thing by downloading updates from Red
Hat's mirror sites. Their mirror site listing is long, but generally
frustrating. Many ftp sites will not even let me in. Those that do do not
seem to have the current updates. For example, the one at Compaq did not
even have any RH 9 RPMs. Now I schedule nighttime downloads from
updates.redhat.com, which I know at least HAS the RPMs, but even that
usually fails.

I'm not using up2date since the machine in question is off-net.

What do YOU guys do?

(Suggesting a good mirror site won't work, since any suggestion will
instantly get mobbed by this list's viewers anyway.)

Chris