upgrading form RHL 7.3 to RHL 9

Hi there all-

I am currently running a system with RHL 7.3 and want to upgrade to RHL 9. I have never done an upgrade on a Red Hat system before and would like to ask if there is anything that I should know regarding the upgrade.

My biggest concern is overwriting anything that I already have setup on the system. Right now it is only used a monitoring system for the internal network using Nagios. This in turn required changes to some key system files like the httpd.conf file as well as some others. Will all of these changes be over written? Will I have to configure Nagios again? If so - is there a way that I can "preserve" the current config and then replace it after the upgrade or is it not worth the effort?

Thanks in advance for any info that you can all offer.

Dene Ulmschneider