Using Nautilus burn .. failed

I tried to burn my first CDR with the Nautilus burn window. It is still trying to burn to my cd reader.(Actually, /dev/hdc with no ide-scsi parameter passed, for this device.)

This is the error from error popup window, during burn attempt.

cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
cdrecord: Permission denied. Cannot open '/dev/sg0'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
scsibus: 0 target: 1 lun: 0
scsidev: '0,1,0'
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using setpriority().
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot do mlockall(2).

My /etc/fstab and symlinks to devices.

[jim@xxxxxxxxx jim]$ cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/              /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot          /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                 /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
/dev/hda1            /7_3boot                ext3    noauto,owner    1 3
/dev/hda2            /7_3root                ext3    noauto,owner    1 3
/dev/hdb3            /home/jim/stuff         ext3    defaults        1 3
none                 /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                 /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hdb4            swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/fd0          /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/sda1         /mnt/flash              auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/cdrom        /mnt/cdrom             udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom1    /mnt/cdrom1         udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

[jim@xxxxxxxxx]$ ls -l /dev/cdrom*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root     9 Feb 24 13:39 /dev/cdrom -> dev/scd0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root     9 Mar 10 18:26 /dev/cdrom1 -> dev/scd1

[jim@xxxxxxxxx jim]$ ls -l /dev/cdwriter
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root    8 Apr  9 17:22 /dev/cdwriter -> /dev/sg1

Fortunately, my reader doesn't ruin the blanks that are in the writer.

Any ideas on what to reconfigure? The reader mounts and works fine. I noticed kudzu is not in this entry.

Jim C.

--
A good reputation is more valuable than money.
		-- Publilius Syrus