Re: Bugfix errata?

Tom Georgoulias wrote:
Marius Andreiana wrote:

as usual, critical bugs will be fixed and updated packages will be
available in rawhide ( kernel, glibc, apache, cups ... ). For the rest (
e.g. GNOME ), you'll have to go straight to the project maintainer (
e.g. bugzilla.gnome.org ), as these bugs aren't usually fixed anymore
after the final release ( they are addressed in betas ).

You're joking, right?

Well, I, too, am sure that they will be fixing the really nasty ones, but what about the stuff like the gkrellm thing I posted about? What about Konqueror thing I posted about? Maybe I'm the only one who's seeing a lot of little niggling things in this distro; I dunno. I just wondered if I should be fixing this stuff myself or if I can expect Red Hat to get around to it before the next version hits the streets. I don't see how they can expend that kind of energy given their new strategy. Marius suggests that I need to be looking in the Rawhide for these sorts of things. That's more than I knew before. I didn't want to touch it because of what it's all about. I still don't. For all that, I could be running Debian unstable. That's why I brought this up.

Thanks,
dk