Re: Netscape / Mozilla Terminal

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 05:38, Neil Marjoram wrote:
> I have been given an idea by someone to come up with a system that when
> booted starts up into a Netscape / Mozilla full screen mode secure
> terminal, without the ability for anyone to get in 'behind' the browser.

They sort of do this at Lowe's where I work, at a store rather, not a
HQ.  The machines boot up into a console terminal ready for login.  At
the top,  you have 4 button menus, Genesis (terminal), Calendar, Store
Net (netscape only allowing internal web pages), and one other (can't
remember).

But you can't access anything else but these 4 menus.  Nor can you do
anything but login and use the menus brought up on the terminal.  So yes
you can do what your asking I believe, but as to how, ya on ya own hehe.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Hand over the code, and no one gets hurt!"