Re: Compile Apache2 From Source

Jeff Grossman wrote:
> Hello, I just installed Red Hat 9 yesterday, upgraded from 7.3.  I was
> running Apache 1.3.27 on Red Hat 7.3.  I also compile from source for
> Apache and prefer not to use RPM's.  When I tried to compile Apache2 from
> source using --with-mpm=worker, the install crashed.  Does anybody know
> how I can enable thread mode in Apache2 under Red Hat 9?

I experimented with this a while back by modifying the spec within the
apache<version>.src.rpm. This was under Red Hat 8.0, and it caused
instability on certain content (SquirrelMail comes to mind).

I posted this back in December, for Red Hat 8.0's Apache 2.0.40, but I
believe it should more or less apply for Red Hat 9.

https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/redhat-list/2002-December/159512.html

In the above linked post, I've outlined how to modify the Apache spec in
order to use worker threads, and incidentally noted how to increase your max
connections as well at compile time.

Hope this helps.
-Rick
--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson@xxxxxxxxxx
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.