Re: any successful upgrade from RH8 to RH 9?

I have, since Saturday morning. I actually tried 2 upgrades: the first
was for a Linux disk that I've upgraded across all the versions since
6.0. When I upgraded to 9.0, a problem with the monitor identification
listed in the XF86Config file seems to be preventing X from coming up.

Since I have an extra hard drive or two -- I disconnected that one and
plugged in a spare drive and did a clean install so i could see what the
XF86Config will say.

The second upgrade was of a pretty fresh Red Hat 8.0 installation which
was up to date with all RHN updates. That one hiccuped badly when I
tried to do a local hard disk installation type. The upgrade failed.
Then I copied my ISO's to another machine and tried the NFS image
install type. That yielded a very smooth upgrade to 9.0, no glitches and
no problems.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

Thanks