Re: please add realplayer or helixcommunity player to redhat 9

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 14:47, Knut J Bjuland wrote:
> A great ide for Redhat 9 would be to add helixcommunity player as a
> media player in Redhat 9 and enable it to be plugin for Mozila. Or add a
> Realplaye which work with glibc 2.3.1 and nptl.

Red Hat Linux 9 is already released and does not include those players,
so I don't know what you mean by "please add" .  Of course you're
welcome to download them and install them yourself on your system.

I haven't tested the Helix community player but if you have problems
with it on RHL 9, you'll need to contact the RealNetworks folks.  This
software is free as in beer, but is not fully open source
(RealAudio/RealVideo Codecs), so don't expect it to be ever included in
Red Hat Linux unless the license on those codecs changes drastically.

(Also, please note the proper spelling of "Red Hat Linux 9")

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp@xxxxxxxxx       trilug.org/~jeremy     |