Re: Changing reolustion without X

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:09:05AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Monday 07 April 2003 09:34, Ossama Khayaat wrote:
> > Well, I get no error message. The main problem is that when I try to run
> > the redhat-config.xfree86 it immediately trieds to run X. I don't want
> > it to do so. Like we used to do in Xconfigurator, there was a text based
> > interface and that's what I need.
> > I didn't try to change the /etc/X11/XF86Config and don't want to,
> > because I believe it's time we can have an easy way (at least for
> > newbies like I mentioned, my students).
> > So, there's no error message.
> > Also, I tried the options suggested earlier but couldn't just figure out
> > what's missing.
> > Hope this explains.
>
> You have not told us if you have tried the --reconfigure option.

Believe it or not, but --reconfig brings up X.  I found out the hard
way trying to troubleshoot my Savage driver issues.  Not only does
--reconfig bring up X, but it doesn't even write an XF86Config file if X
hangs.  You get to experiment with the command line options until you
get something that can work.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx