Re: Spamassassin

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 08:38, D. D. Brierton wrote:

> Yeah, I too have read the man pages for spamassassin, spamd and spamc,
> plus the docs in /usr/share/doc/spamassassin-2.44 and sadly there is
> little there to help with setting it up for the first time. Simply
> starting it at boot is NOT enough to enable spam filtering. You have to
> get it to interact with something: either you can call spamc via a
> filter in your MUA (mail user agent, i.e. whatever you use to read your
> mail) or you get it to interact with your MTA (mail transport agent),
> e.g. sendmail, postfix, or procmail.

Well, I need mine to interact with sendmail, that way it won't matter
what client/workstation I use, internal or external, windows or linux.

I can filter via whichever client I am using, once I get the emails to
the client.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Hand over the code, and no one gets hurt!"