RE: Shrike boot

Is it possible that you just burned the .iso files to the CDs by
copying?  If you mount the CD and find one large file, that's what
happened.  If the burning worked you will find a directory structure,
and will find the boot disk images.

You should have a bunch of READMEs and Release-Note files in the root,
and on Disc 1 you will find Redhat, Dosutils, images, and isolinux
subdirectories. That one should boot OK from the CD.

My working burner is on a Windows machine, so I used Nero's
Burning ROM software to accomplish this.  Someone here with a
burner on a Linux box can suggest the software to do it on Linux.

Good Luck,

Bill Beeman