Re: Mozilla 1.3 Themes

On 18:41 05 Apr 2003, Mike Vanecek <shrike_lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 15:14:42 +1000, Cameron Simpson wrote
| > I've just moved to Phoenix myself (2003-04-02 nightly build).
| > Theme changes are immediate. It has no mail, but has lots of extensions
|
| I assume that Phoenix is a web browser.

Yep. In fact it's basicly the browser component of Mozilla, somewhat
developed.

| Did you just uninstall Mozilla?

Nope. I have both. (In fact a few versions of each, but let's not go there.)

| Does
| Phoenix support sound and java?

It didn't seem to like the Mozilla java plugin from j2sdk-1.4.1. I'm
planning to test the 1.4.2 plugin tomorrow.

I don't know about sound. In what context? The only time sound comes out of
my browser is with shockwave/flash. I mostly like my apps to be silent.

| > (some of which break it, but I've started making snapshots). The tabbed
| > browsing extensions address many of my wish-list items for tabs. And
| > Stumble is Way Cool.
|
| Really do not need something that is easily broken. Just want a stable browser.

Seems stable enough if you add no extensions. I found one of the download
extensions prevented it from presenting a GUI. So I avoid that one. Have
several others loaded. The TabExtensions and Stumble are my favourites.
And the UserAgent extensions finally let me use my online banking, which
firmly refused to believe Mozilla could do its dropdown menus. Now that
I can lie to them it works fine...

Actually, Mozilla 1.3 is a little stabler. If you try to open several
dozen windows at once in Mozilla it copes (with recent releases,
say 1.2 onwards). Phoenix has locked up on me for that one. It may be
timing related.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        cs@xxxxxxxxxx    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

SPSS. Big honkin' stats package. Comes with a good manual.
	- Dan Hillman <dcah100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>