Re: any ETA for a working "rpm"??

have no fear:  you're not alone..
RPM  when i installed  hung  once on every two files.
I did a rpm --rebuilddb -vv with an error message at the end about
resource busy.Turned out to be an old error message ( is in bugzilla )
that  error in itself is harmless .

I finnally deleted  the  db files in the  rpm  dir  and
rebuilddb again .. that  time  it  worked.  seems like
it's a  corrupted  db error of  some kind.
But  now  it  works  so i didnt pursue  further.

We also had on the channel many people reporting unmet deps  like
rpm -ivh program.rpm ...  unmet deps  /var/lib/xyz
but if  you did a locate xyz  it's right in /var/lib where it says it aint.
--nodeps took care of some of those

Dont  worry  you're not alone  : )

Ric