Re: How to check *CDROM* correctness?

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 01:08:38 at 01:08:38AM -0500, Phillip Compton (pcompton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 01:09, M. Fioretti wrote:
> > Many thanks to Peng and Philip for their extraquick answer, but I
> > didn't make myself clear. I am looking for a *generic* way to verify
> > on *linux* if a generic CD I got, already burned, matches the ISO
> > checksum which I found online. I have a linux only box, and I need to
> > do this in general even with CDs found on magazines, or coming, by
> > third or fourth hand, maybe after weeks, by friends of friends of....
> >
> > The arrival of Shrike was just the prompt to ask it, but in general I
> > cannot tell to somebody "check it on windows for me"
> > So, how can I do it myself?
> >

> $ md5sum path/to/iso

But I wouldn't have the *iso*, just the its *content* on /mnt/cdrom.
That is the problem: what to do when you only have the *end* product,
instead of the ISO file.

	Marco Fioretti
--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

It isn't easy being a Friday kind of person in a Monday kind of world.