Re: Flash and other Browser tools

Satish Balay wrote:

So, with the link - the plugin is invoked from its java dir - relative to the
rest of the java stuff - which it can easily find..

The thing I dislike in this whole setup is - I usually like 'flash' disabled -
unless I really need it ( 95% of the flash stuff is ads anyway - and it takes way
toomuch cpu - which is such a waste).. Ideally I'd like mozilla to have a
plugin-option - where each pliugin can be enabled disabled whenever required.

Currently mozilla doesn't have this - may current recourse is to remove/add
plugin in /usr/lib/mozilla*/plugins (and restart the browser). But If I use the
link to the plugin (and then remove it) - the cache in ~/.mozilla/pludins.dat is
still active - and the plugin is still active.. Ah.......

Try this addon http://www.xulplanet.com/downloads/prefbar/

It allow you to disable Flash, Java, JavaScript and several other config items without a restart. I mostly use it for the real time UA settings, so I don't know how well the other options work.

-Thomas