Re: RHL 9 and Audigy MP3+

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 16:33, Shawn wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 16:30, Kutka Brian-BKUTKA01 wrote:
> > I have installed RHL 9 on my system and need to purchase a sound card as I
> > cannot get my on-board sound functioning.  I was looking at the Audigy MP3+
> > and I just wanted to verify this card will work with 9.  Has anyone gotten
> > this card functioning with RHL 9?  I looked at the list of alsa supported
> > cards and it had 2 audigy cards but not the MP3+.  Thanks in advance for any
> > help.
>
> I don't believe the current alsa in RH9 supports the Audigy correctly,
> could be wrong, but I know the OSS drivers work just peachy for me.

Actually, I should be clearer than that. I don't consider the Audigy to
be supported correctly by ALSA yet because OSS audio based games and
even SDL based games that use the alsa9 backend "snap, crackle, and pop"
sometimes which I almost never get with the standard OSS drivers.

There is no difference hardware wise between an Audigy MP3+ and Audigy
Gamer, etc. They're all the same card. They just include different
software.

--
Shawn <drevil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.warpcore.org/