Re: GDM / PAM Login problems.

sorry to post again, but I have "found" another clue.. (maybe it will
help).

i tested something different with my ssh/regular logins and i noted that
if i type an incorrect password the first time when asked to login, the
correct password will not work on the subsequent requests (i.e. for ssh
login). I need to break the connection and try again to get the password
to work.

I do not see this behaviour under RH 7.x or 8.0.

Tom

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Tom Ryan wrote:

> Before I post to bugzilla, I was wondering if anyone could advise on this
> particular problem.
>
> I have a custom pam module to handle authentication on my system. I can
> login via console,ssh,etc but I can not login via gdm.
>
> I've turned on debugging in gdm and can not find anything useful. The only
> difference I can see is the addition of pam_env.so between 8.0 and 9
> (everything worked fine in 8.0).
>
> Any ideas? the authentication is a 1 time password, but, the password is
> not even being expired from the auth server so the authentication request
> is not even happening.
>
> very weird.
>
> tom

Tom Ryan                                            Voice: 856-225-6361
Consulting System Administrator                       Fax: 856-969-7900
Rutgers School of Law - Camden